Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Weekending Times 2

I swear, one of my worst habits is misjudging how much am I able to get done in a day. I am either woefully behind on my to-do list, or I get the whole thing done in half the time and am at a loss about what to do with the extra hours. (Though admittedly it's typically the former, rather than the latter.)

Two weekends ago was my bachelorette party, and while I'm obviously not going to post pics of everything that happened — suffice to say my sister made me a scavenger hunt that involved weird things like "kiss a bald guy's head" and "copy someone's dancing without them realizing it" — my 'maids and I looked hella cute so I wanted to post a few tame shots :)

4-27-15a

Bachelorette weekend started in Athens, at my alma mater, with a couple of bridesmaids who also went to OU. We grabbed dinner with my sister, Anna, who's a student there. She's too young for bar-hopping, unfortunately, but Emily, Hayley and I participated in a shuffle of sorts. Athens has something like 20 bars, and a popular pastime is to do a "shuffle" — get one drink at each bar. I'm far too old for that ish, so we did what I dubbed a "selective shuffle," only going to the good bars. I had about nine on my list, and we made it to about seven of them (thanks to a huge turnout for a festival the next day, some good bars had huge lines)...with the last one hardly even counting, as I got a drink I didn't even want and didn't finish, haha.

4-27-15b

Anyway, part of the shuffle includes signing the bathroom walls at each stop with the name of your shuffle. Hayley took it upon herself to add a few names: EmGettNMurried and TheHentIsOver (Hent being part of Matt's last name).

4-27-15c

We met up with my friend Aisha, who also went to OU and happened to be in town that night.

4-27-15d

We stayed at a beautiful bed and breakfast (highly recommend Bodhi Tree Guest House to anyone staying in the area). Breakfast featured locally milled polenta cakes and black beans with eggs and crème fraîche. Unbe-freaking-lievable.

4-27-15e

Back in Columbus Saturday afternoon; I refueled the only way a basic bachelorette should: Starbucks drink in one hand and a "Bride-To-Bellini" (as named by my sister, Ellen) in the other...complete with an inappropriate straw, of course.

4-27-15f

My other sister, Abby, planned the whole shindig on Saturday. She and Ellen got some awesome, tastefully tacky accessories and I was thrilled that I didn't have to wear anything crazy-inappropriate.

4-27-15g

Abby and me at the hotel, before we all headed to the Big Bang Dueling Piano Bar.

4-27-15h

All the bridesmaids (minus Anna) at Big Bang. Sadly, I failed to get many picture with the rest of the girls who came...womp womp.

4-27-15i

Being serenaded by a stranger, as per the scavenger hunt. It was "Let It Go" and it was awesome.

4-27-15k

For breakfast the next day, nothing but a chicken-and-waffle from Taste of Belgium in the North Market would do.

This past weekend, I was feverishly crafting with Hayley, Ellen, her fiancé, my mom and Tiffany, another bridesmaid. After a few weeks of worrying that I'd be short a dozen centerpieces, we finally finished them! It was such a weight off my shoulders; with just 12 days to go, I feel like I can relax a little and enjoy my last two weeks of engagement!

And yesterday, Matt and I got our marriage license! Aaahhhh!

4-27-15l

5 comments:

  1. What fun! I'm so happy for you. It's great that you have a bevy of girlfriends surrounding you. I had hoped the whole wedding process would be exciting for you and it appears it is. Thanks for sharing the "tame" bits with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. If you have a minute, I put up a very special blog-post last night. It's a frolic worth a detour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeeee it's coming up so so so soon! Very excited for you :) Sounds like you and your girlfriends had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm lucky to have some stellar friends :) I saw the post this morning, you look GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks :) It was a blast, I wish I could share more but once you get something on the Internet it never goes away, haha

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!