Thursday, August 7, 2014

Day off

Not that I really need it, seeing as how I'm leaving for a weekend bachelorette party for my friend Jenny tomorrow and Matt and I have a beach trip coming up, but I have a day off today nonetheless. Sadly, I can't do much of anything fun because of this:

8-7-14a

Man, I need a pedicure.

Fear not; it's just a very minor sprain. I (intentionally) dropped from the top of a 10- or 12-foot bouldering route while climbing yesterday and landed poorly. The super-thick padding in the drop area actually was to my disadvantage, I think; when I landed, my ankle rolled right under me. It didn't hurt too badly at the time — I even kept climbing for another hour or so, and got a route I've been working on for a few days — and I just iced it when I got home. But when I woke up this morning, it was swollen and I had a hard time putting any weight on it. I've been RICEing it (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) all day, and I think the swelling is starting to go down. I can walk to the kitchen or bathroom with little pain, but stairs are still hard and the Aleve might be masking that anyway.

But enough about my stupid ankle. Hey guess what! I have some in-focus pictures from a few weeks ago to share today.

8-7-14b

8-7-14c

8-7-14d
button-down: New York & Company
skinnies, flats: Target
necklace: Express

I don't really know why, but a crisp white shirt with skinny jeans always just makes me feel so polished. It's the simplest outfit, but I always feel so put-together in this combo. The best part is, I feel just as good about it in pointed-toe flats as I would if I were wearing heels. Comfort and style FTW!

What's your go-to for a polished but comfortable look?

6 comments:

  1. Oh, no! Hope you heal quickly. And simple outfits are often our best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! Also, the second picture has an Audrey Hepburn feel to me, very polished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thank you so much! I've never been compared to Audrey Hepburn before, I'm so flattered! And I'm feeling much better already. It's amazing what a day of rest can do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm able to walk around today, so I'm on the mend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ouch!! I hope your foot feels better! You could try putting Arnica cream on it-it helps reduce bruising and selling (yes, that's hippie midwife advice for you) Your outfit is wonderful! I agree-white shirts and skinny jeans are always a great combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I'll look into that Arnica cream--I bruise like a peach, and climbing injuries are a dime a dozen, so I'm sure it'll come in handy!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!