Sunday, May 11, 2014

ConGRADulations are in order!

Forgive the pun, but I wanted to give a little shoutout to my sister, Ellen, who graduated from Bowling Green State University yesterday! I'm crazyproud of her; she busted her butt for four years to graduate summa cum laude, working the entire time she wasn't student teaching to pay her own way as much as possible. Whatever elementary school that manages to snag her will be a lucky school indeed. I went up to BG with my parents and (most of) my siblings to watch her get her diploma and enjoy a celebratory dinner. (I didn't think to bring my nice camera, so forgive the iPhone snaps.)

Untitled
The gang, minus Abby (who was home in South Carolina) and David (who was at prom with his girlfriend).

Untitled

I also managed to snag a quick outfit shot with my sister, who was dressed to kill on a budget that wouldn't. Seriously, her entire outfit was from H&M, with the exception of her Target shoes. Girl knows how to dress on a dime.

Untitled
on me:
shirt: The Limited
sleeveless button-up: New York & Company
skinnies: Forever 21
flats: Target
necklace: giveaway win (Nordstrom)

Our youngest sister, Audrey, didn't want to miss out on the photoshoot...though I have no idea where her outfit is from. Probably Target/Old Navy?

Untitled

As for today, I was a total mixture of lazy and productive. I cleaned the bathroom and did a load of laundry, went on a mini Hulu spree, switched out my winter/summer clothes (finally!), then jumped on the scooter to donate the too-small stuff from last year and do a little closet-gap-filling shopping. Did pretty dang well on that part :)

Now Matt and I are off to swing by his parents' house to wish his mom a happy Mother's Day, then it's back home for some much-needed relaxation for both of us :)

What about you guys? Anything exciting to report this weekend? Graduations, siblings' proms, Mother's Day escapades?

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your family. It's nice to see your relatives.
    BTW, I posted about you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful Monday morning pick-me-up :) I love it! Guys, you can see it over at http://shybiker.blogspot.com/2014/05/what-is-emma-thinking.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations to your sister!! that's a huge accomplishment!!!
    Also, your outfit is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you from both of us :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!