Tuesday, July 30, 2013

One Piece Many Ways linkup!

Howdy y'all. Today I'm linking up to Audrey's One Piece Many Ways link-up over on Putting Me Together. If you've followed this blog for any amount of time, you've probably noticed that some pieces tend to appear and reappear around here. That's because remixing = awesome and it's the best way to pretend that your wardrobe is bigger than it really is, I think :)

For today's link-up, I'm featuring a plain white button-down-style shirt. To be fair, I'm kind of cheating here and using four different styles of button-down: a sleeveless, a short-sleeve, a short-sleeve with polka dots and a long-sleeve. Honestly, if you have those four pieces in your closet (or three, if you wanna nix the polka dots), you can create about a billion different outfits. Give or take. Here are my favorite ways to wear these:

As a plain ol' shirt

shirt
(original post: top, bottom)

Layered

layered
(original post: top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right)

Layered...with a dress (yes, it's very different)

dress
(original post: left, middle, right)

So yeah. One (type of) piece, nine ways to style it. I'm telling you, if you don't have a white button-down shirt in these three sleeve lengths, run (don't walk) out and get them now! I'm actually working on my color collection, too...I have a short-sleeve in a few colors, a sleeveless in black and a long-sleeve in a couple colors. Need...more...button-downs...

5 comments:

  1. Such a versatile item. Hmmm... where can I get a white dress shirt...

    (My closet is full of them: I wear them every day to work.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more. I have rediscovered my love of the white t-shirt this summer too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great remixing! I love the look with the red pencil skirt and I think your layering with the blazer and cardi looks great!

    Aubree
    look.feel.be

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUUUUUTTEEEEEEE.
    That was aggressive, but seriously, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blouse is definitely so versatile! Sometimes I forget how lovely a classic white blouse really is!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!