Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Anatomy of a blog lapse

5-28-13a

5-28-13b

5-28-13c
shirt, skirt, belt (came with skirt): JCPenney
heels, necklace: Target

So I had these photos all edited and ready to post last week. And then stuff happened. And kept happening. And, just as the weekend hit and I thought I'd finally have time to get my life back in order, MORE STUFF HAPPENED. Sorry to be vague, but some things just aren't blog-appropriate (or blog-worthy), I guess. Suffice to say: I'm still feeling a bit frazzled. But I'm cautiously optimistic about this week, and especially about this weekend, so I'm just going to shake off the dust of last week and try to start fresh.

Easier said than done, perhaps, but I know I can do it. Confidence! Empowerment! Blah blah blah etc!

In other news, this skirt is one of my favorite items in my closet, but it's also one of the least-worn items in my closet? Any ideas why? If you guessed, "Because it's white and Emma is a huge klutz and always spills things," DINGDINGDING you're a winner. Thankfully, I made it through yet another day without any stains. It's like a miracle, you guys.

Also, I totes didn't mean to create what is essentially an all-JCP outfit, but I wanted to pair this skirt with a lot of bold color and grabbed this shirt without really thinking about brand. In fact, it didn't even occur to me until I sat down to write this post. Anyone else ever accidentally become a real-life model for a certain brand or store?

3 comments:

  1. It's okay about the blog lapse, stuff really does happen. That skirt is fabulous. I just bought a cream, lace skirt and am not sure if I should keep it because I often spill and fall off bikes and get stuck on random nails. So, yeah, huge klutz here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I'm always a spokesperson for Forever 21 without meaning it. Or American Eagle. Probably cause most of my favourite clothes are from there lol... But your outfit is cute and you should wear the skirt more often! Just carry around some tide-to-go ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute skirt. It's funny but seeing the backdrop of your photos so often, it feels like we know where you live!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!