Tuesday, February 19, 2013

An ode to long weekends

2-19-13a

2-19-13b

2-19-13c
blouse: thrifted
skirt, tights, heels: Target
necklace: VeryJane

I know I say this every time a three-day weekend rolls around, but America really needs to align itself to a four-day workweek. (Not really, I know how disastrous that would be for business/government, but let me dream.) I had Presidents' Day off yesterday, which was pretty rad for my weekend in general.

Saturday was spent doing some cleaning and whatnot, then that evening Matt and I celebrated Valentine's with a delicious homemade dinner and a movie. If you follow me on Instagram (@elfrankart) you might have noticed pics of the dinner...surf & turf with filets, crab legs, balsamic brown butter asparagus, a delicious salad that our friend makes all the time, and a great bottle of wine. Plus, chocolate coffee meringues for dessert. (I'll post the recipe for the meringues after I perfect it...I kinda made them too big, so they were a little underdone in the middle.) We saw Warm Bodies, which was a pretty good movie, and then met up with Matt's sister and her husband and friends, who were all in town to see a local band play at this great little bar by our house.

Sunday, I did absolutely nothing except watch several hours of Cougar Town. I randomly decided to start watching the show, so natch I had to watch all the old episodes to catch up. That shiz is hilarious.

To make up for such a lazy Sunday, I went to the gym and ran a bunch of errands on Monday. And I finally got a rug to cover the splintery hardwood in our bedroom. My feet are thanking me already.

So, conclusion. Three-day weekends are the absolute best because I can be productive, then super lazy, then productive again. Win, win, win.

5 comments:

  1. Agreed. Three day weekends all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. Life improves when we have enough free time to do what we enjoy. Three-day weekends used to be my favorite thing in life.

    Love your blouse; the cap-sleeves are so cute. And the skirt, tights and heels are no slouches either. Great poses.

    I get wistful seeing your pretty outfits, imagining a youth I never had. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look on you! The textures are so fun, and I love how you included the bright tights. Do you mind if I ask how you styled your hair? It's so perfectly piecey, and I can never seem to figure out how to do that myself!

    :) Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I responded via email (from your blog), but it occurred to me that other people might be interested in product info, too. So here it is again :)

      I use Aveda Light Elements shaping wax/"finishing creme wax" to get that piecey pixie look. It's a little on the expensive side (around $25 for 2.6 oz) but it lasts FORever. My stylist uses it when he cuts/styles my hair. I tried a lot of other products and there's really nothing like it, so it's really worth the splurge. I just rub a little bit between my palms and work it really well into my hair--almost like I'm washing it. Then I just rearrange the pieces until it looks the way I want it to look. I buy it at my salon, but you can also get it here: http://www.aveda.com/product/5239/16635/Collections/Light-ElementsTM/Light-Elements-Shaping-Wax/index.tmpl.

      Delete
  4. This is such a cute outfit! I love how the colored tights give this a totally fresh look!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!