Friday, May 25, 2012

A self-conscious blogger's worst nightmare

You guys, it's finally happened. Someone caught me while I was taking outfit photos. Horror of horrors. I was shooting outside in my backyard just now, and my hippie neighbor was outside watering her garden. And she stared. And then she said hello. I felt like I needed to explain myself — I'm not vain, I have a personal style blog, that's why I'm taking photos of myself in the backyard before work. But then I figured, "I have a fashion blog" probably doesn't make me any less vain. So I didn't say anything.


5-25_anniversary1

5-25_anniversary2

5-25_anniversary3

blouse: secondhand
jeans: RVCA
shoes: Buckle
necklace: gifted


This outfit has actually been sitting in my backlog for quite some time. It's from Matt's and my four-year anniversary date night earlier this month. We went ice skating and got dinner at The Melting Pot. Gosh, I love that boy. He's pretty special. His birthday's tomorrow...can't wait to tell you guys about his birthday surprises!

We don't have any real plans for Memorial Day yet...mostly just catching up and enjoying the extra day off, I think. What about you guys?

Oh, and before you go start your weekend, don't forget to enter my giveaway. And Monday is Bloggers Take the Town. We'll be leaving the link-up open all week, so if your going-out outfits aren't ready by Monday, no worries. You have time :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, that's totally happened to me before! I used to shoot in a park, or around the outside of my house because it's a pretty background! But, unfortunately, I share my house with about 10 other tennants. Awwwkwwward.

    I've just gotten to the point where I try not to care. Obviously I blush and try not to make eye contact. Hehe. But, I don't explain unless they ask.

    Happy birthday to your guy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you bought those shoes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this top on you!
    I hate the whole 'getting caught' thing. I feel uncomfortable and like I need to explain myself.
    Well I don't OWE you any explanations stranger! I'm taking pictures of myself and you can just make up a reason why!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!