Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Kitty woes

You guys, this morning I was so mad at Spazzcat that I wanted to just throw her out the window and let her go feral in the wild. When I woke up, I discovered that she had gotten into Matt's closet...the one we try to keep her out of because my bridesmaid dresses for this summer are in it. And sure enough, she found one of my bridesmaid dresses. Tore it off the hanger. And ripped into it with what looks like both teeth and claws. The thing is pretty much unwearable, at least if I want to avoid looking like a homeless person at my own sister's wedding.

Thankfully, Abby's dress is the $25 one from Target, not the $100 one from David's Bridal. I ordered a replacement online, but they only have petite sizes left online so I had to order two dresses in the next two sizes up...I'll just return whichever one fits less. I also have my mom out hunting through the Targets near her house. Good thing she has the day off work.

On the bright side, I can skip my coffee this morning. Nothing wakes you up like the adrenaline rush of pure fury. I may have punched a door. Now the cat's just sitting there, staring at me, probably confused about why I wouldn't let her in the room with me as I was getting ready this morning like I usually do. Sigh. It's a good thing she's cute...that makes it so much easier to forgive her for just being, well, a cat.

Okay. Vent over. Moving on.



5-23_poncho1

5-23_poncho2

5-23_poncho3

shirt: JCPenney
jeans: RVCA
heels: thrifted
necklace: gifted


I got this shirt during my "OMG I got my job start date I need to bulk up my professional wardrobe" shopping spree. JCPenney really impressed me with its Worthington line (I think this shirt is from that line...a few of the other things I bought were). Actually, the store impressed me in general. I hadn't been there in years. The overhaul is pretty nice. Anyway, I can't quite decide what to call this shirt...it's vaguely poncho-esque, but the sides are sewn shut for modesty/convenience. It's quite comfy.

Oh and hey. Don't forget that Bloggers Take the Town is back this Monday. This time, we'll be leaving the link-up open for longer than usual, so get your weekend/going-out outfit photos ready!

3 comments:

  1. ohhh no!! Kitty shanangins are the WORST! My old cat had a propensity to knock potted plants over in the middle of the night (and kill baby birds, poor things) I feel ya!
    You are looking super colourful and profesh, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww that's really too bad about your dress :( At least you can get another one (even if it's not in the right size). Could you imagine if it had been completely sold-out? Blah!
    I do love that shirt! The colours are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This top is the coolest! But wow, that is some crazy kitty shenanigans. Your poor dress, I think no matter what it hold is there is an area that is 'off limits' that is where the cat wants to be the MOST.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!