Monday, February 13, 2012

Three-day weekends

I think we, as a society, should work toward a three-day weekend and a four-day work week. Somehow, two days just doesn't quite cut it all the time. Sure, I got everything done that I needed to this weekend—groceries, cleaning the whole house, some bridesmaid stuff for my friend's wedding, etc.—and I even had a little downtime to do absolutely nothing. AND Matt and I went on a Valentine's double-date with our awesome upstairs neighbors.

Okay, so I guess this weekend was plenty long enough. Hey, a girl can still dream of three-day weekends, right?






shirt and blazer: thrifted
skinnies: The Limited
boots: Target
loop necklace: New York & Company (the other was a gift from Matt)

Not entirely sure what's up with my face in that first picture. Sometimes I forget that I'm taking outfit photos for the sole purpose of showing them to other people. I should really show you guys my outtakes reel sometime, those shots are ridiculous.

Also, a confession: I'm not really a huge fan of thrifting. Sure, I'm obsessed with getting great deals. There's nothing better than walking out of a store knowing you only paid a few bucks for each item. But generally speaking, I just don't have the patience for it. So when I find a gem like this blazer, I'm disproportionately proud of it. I picked up a few other items from the thrift store this weekend, too. Can't wait to show you guys!

7 comments:

  1. I really like your pics and realness. I love to thrift but think it took a few years for me to like it a lot and finding great deals definitely helps. Look forward to seeing your finds. Great job of getting so much done! We were lazy.
    Yes, 3 day weekend! I will vote for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaah! So proud of you! Look at you finding scores at your thrift store, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the color of your top and totally agree with the 3 day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blazer. Also I am TOTALLY with you on the '3-day weekend' bandwagon. We can make this happen. Americans need more days off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pick on the blazer! You look awesome :) Love that colour blue on you. Also, I would love a three day weekend. I think it's a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great find, Emma! This blazer looks perfect on you!

    Um, yes, 3 day weekends sound ah-ma-zing

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!