Thursday, February 9, 2012

I love my cat. But sometimes, I really hate my cat.

Last night, Spazzy (aka Spazzcat McGillicutty) decided to go all hyped out and become an explorer/adventurer. Which means she was on a mission to get into the plastic drawer set that houses my socks, tights and unmentionables. When a cat is scratching on/clawing at plastic, it's not quiet. Especially if you're trying to sleep. Especially if it's 1 in the morning and you have yet to actually fall asleep.

And if she wasn't doing that, she was using our box spring as her own personal scratching post. (We had to take the bed off the frame and put the box spring directly on the floor, because she kept getting stuck up inside it from below.) We finally had to shut her up in the office, where we could hear her crying and mewing in the most pathetic manner until we finally fell asleep. It just about broke my heart. Or it would have, if I hadn't been so mad at her.

So instead of posting the outfit I had scheduled for today, I spent the morning on Pinterest looking for a screen/room divider thing (that I can actually afford) to put in front of my doorless reach-in closet to help solve at least some of the problem. Something like any of these would do:



Source: bonluxat.com via Kitt on Pinterest



Source: wanelo.com via Look on Pinterest







Source: amazon.com via Susan on Pinterest



As for the box spring scratch post problem, I guess I'll just have to convince Matt to make me this (haha):



Okay but for real...where the heck can I find a room divider screen that doesn't break the bank? Guess it's time to make a trip to the architectural salvage store and the secondhand stores around town...

4 comments:

  1. Cats are like that. They have natural instincts which try to find ways to express themselves in modern life. Room dividers are nice but I have no idea where to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew cats behaved this way! I am more of a dog person so I've never had a cat!
    The floor bed or whatever you call it looks cool!

    Enter boticca.com giveaway, win $100
    ♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, Flat Tire does things like this sometimes. Until she got used to us locking her out of the bedroom at night, she would sit and cry outside the door for (what felt like) hours at a time. Now she'll just fine a pen and CLATTERCLATTERCLATTER down the hallway at 3am. Little bundles of fluff and joy, kitties are! Sorry that I don't know anything about room dividers--good luck at the secondhand stores. (And architectural salvage store? What the heck? That sounds so cool!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww I feel so bad about your kitty. It sucks when animals just don't understand lol. But those dividers are cool and would probably help a lot. Plus that bed is incredible....

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!