Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Feeling good

Man oh man, this week is shaping up to be pretty good. I don't know if you guys could tell, but last week was really rough for no apparent reason (if you follow me on Twitter you'll probably have a better idea). I don't know what my problem was, but I was grumpy, mopey and just generally sad.

But not this week! This week I feel downright phenomenal, starting from the moment I woke up yesterday. And after work, I went to my new gym for the first time. And you know something? I love it. Great facilities, friendly people, and even on their busiest night I didn't have to wait more than a few minutes for a machine. Best part? They have a basket of Tootsie Rolls by the door so you can reward yourself on the way out. I love a good reward :)

I was going to post Christmas decoration photos today, but I didn't have time to photograph them last night. We didn't eat dinner till 8, and then I had some freelance work to do. Oh well. Perhaps tomorrow. Until then, here's an outfit:






shirt: really, really old...no idea where it's from
cami: Old Navy
blazer and heels: thrifted
jeans: Guess via Macy's
ring: Modcloth (giveaway win)

Yeah, I wear tops that are three or four years old. The way I see it, if I can still think of new ways to style them, and they're not damaged or terribly trendy/outdated, why get rid of them? That's why a good chunk of my closet consists of older pieces. And I'm okay with it.

This outfit is actually a classic example of how blogging has changed my personal style...for the better. A year ago, I would never have even purchased a green blazer, let alone pair it with a purple shirt. The audacity! And statement rings...forget it. But now, I actively push myself out of my comfort zone when it comes to fashion, and it's usually for the better. Hooray, blogging!

2 comments:

  1. You look so pretty and yay for a better week! I was at the gym last night for a couple of hours and now I'm feeling so rejuvenated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for blogging and pushing us out of our comfort zones! You look great, and have reminded me how much I need to get to the gym... p.s. I have tootsie rolls sitting right beside me!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!