Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Ah, Halloween. Quite possibly one of my favorite holidays of the year. This year's festivities were a bit tamer than those of years past, but only because my last four Halloweens were spent at OU, reigning champion of the Halloween Party.

Friday we went to a party at a friend's house. I made costumes for Matt and I...any guesses as to what we were?


Stan and Wendy from South Park! I love it. I found Matt's sweatshirt/pants at Volunteers of America for a dollar each, we bought the wig and I made his beret. For my costume, I already had the coat and jeans, so I just made the gloves and sewed some fabric over a beanie I had. (Making your own beanie? Really, really difficult to do by hand.)

Also on Friday, I got a little package in the mail. It was my giveaway win from Sydney of Take me for a Twirl!




She sent it with a sweet little note, complete with a sealed-with-a-kiss envelope and glitter in the card. How cute is that?

Saturday I grabbed lunch with my dad and brother, who were in town, and did some major work on my freelance stuff before heading in for a shift at the restaurant/bar. It turned out to be a great shift; not only was it Homecoming and Halloween weekend at OSU, but we pulled out an unbelievable victory, so all our guests were in great moods and therefore tipped really well. (Also, when that final winning touchdown pass was caught, a bunch of middle-aged men dogpiled on the floor. I'm not even kidding. I narrowly escaped being crushed. Hilarious.) It didn't hurt that we were packed until 2 am, either. As a result, I finally reached my goal of saving $1,000!!!

I'm not quitting just yet, though. That amount was the minimum I wanted to save; I'm going to try to get a little more cushion going before the holiday season hits, all the students leave campus and business plummets.

Sunday was just a lazy day; I napped a lot (didn't get to bed until 3 or 4 am all weekend!), relaxed and did a little work in the evening.

All in all? A great weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. How cute are you guys! Congrats on reaching your goal! That's way exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those costumes are adorable and congrats! Thanks for sharing!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!