Thursday, July 28, 2011

Internal debate

I don't often post weekend-wear, simply because on the weekends I'm usually found wearing sweats/workout shorts and an old show t-shirt from my high school days as a thespian. Not really blog-worthy. In fact, I'm not even sure where I wore this last week...might have been at a cookout/drinks to celebrate a friend's birthday. But I suppose the "where" doesn't matter as much as the "wear." (See what I did there? My cleverness astounds me sometimes.)






lacy tank and top tank: Old Navy (?)
shorts: DIY'ed from an old pair of jeans
shoes: Target
bracelet: don't remember
earrings: Leslie's Baubles

So lately I've been thinking a lot about posting frequency. The recent 30x30 challenge (I swear, I'll stop talking about it someday) had me posting every single day, including many weekend days. Before that, I was posting 3-5 times a week.

Now, I'm in the habit posting every single weekday, and I worry that it's too much. Too much time on my part (because I don't already have enough on my plate), and too much of me forcing my photos into your RSS feeds every day. I know a lot of bloggers post every single day, but they also have far better style and photo quality than I do.

So, I turn to you, readers. After all, this is just as much for you as it is for me. What do you think? Should I cut back on the post frequency? Or do you like my random babble every day? (Be honest. I won't be offended, I promise.)

5 comments:

  1. I'll be honest. I kinda like random babble. I'm a random babbler. It's like hearing from a friend. Know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to hear some ramblings also. It's kind of nice to hear what's going on with all of you. Also, post your outfits whether you think they are blog worthy or not. It's nice to see that we are all human :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I strive to post 5 times per week. During the 30x30 I felt like I was reaching for posting material. But that's just me. I love reading your blog. I think if you're into it we'll be into it. So post to your little hearts content. I'll be here reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do what you feel most comfortable :) During my 30 for 30 I was posting daily but afterwards I felt too much pressure to take outfit pictures (or post even at all) every day. So I cut back to once ever 2 days or so.

    Bottom line: do what makes you most comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I just got back from vacation and realized I had 550 'fashion blog' posts sitting in my RSS reader. I clicked 'mark all as read' and then went back to read some of the people's I really enjoy. Which is why I am here. So post however often you want ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!