Thursday, June 23, 2011

What's black and white and 50s all over?

This outfit, of course. I don't know what I was thinking when I put this dress in my 30. I never wear it except at weddings and such. So what made me think I could style this for work or play? I suppose I was trying to challenge myself, but really. This may be a bit much.


items: 4, 10, 27
necklace: gift

I do love how this skirt twirls :) Oh and please excuse the poor color quality in these shots...I'm running late this morning and the sun was just NOT cooperating. Nor was the wind, hence the crazy hair in that top shot. Oh well. Not all posts can be winners, I suppose.

Anyway, I feel super 50s in this outfit. I think it's a combo of the skirt's shape, with the illusion of a high waist that this chambray shirt gives me. And the pearls. Oh, the pearls.

My dad goes to China sometimes for work, and he always brings us home presents. One time, it was a gorgeous strand of pink pearls for each of my sisters and I, and a black strand for my mom. He picked out the pearls himself and watched them get strung at the Pearl Market. I don't remember what my brothers got that time...but it probably wasn't jewelry, haha.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo this dress is fabulous, I love twirly skirts. The chambray top is a nice touch, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!